Happy 17th Diaversary to me!!! If you don’t know, a diaversary is the anniversary of a diabetes diagnoses. On March 11, 1995 when I was 7 years old I was told I have Type 1 Diabetes.
I was going to do this whole big post on my diagnoses story and this & that but that seems…eh not so fun. So I wanted to make a list of things my diabetes hasn’t stopped me from doing:
- Flying in a plane
- Being in Marching Band (band geek whoo!!!)
- Learning French (not that I have anyone to talk to)
- Graduating with Honors
- Horseback Riding
- Going to Disney, & Universal, & visiting my Florida family
- Going on a cruise
- Going out with friends
- Dancing around like a fool every chance I get
- Going to my first live baseball game
- Running two 5k’s
- Getting Married
- Buying my first home
- Getting a dog
- Going to Merlefest
- Going to Williamsburg, VA
- Getting pregnant (♥)
So I left a lot of things out & it’s not exactly in order but hey, it shows that over the last 17 years I’ve not let me diabetes define my life. Yes it’s a big part but it’s not the only part.
Here’s to another 17 years (& many more) with my rude, unwilling to contribute pancreas. 17 more years of changes & upgrades in diabetes care and management. But mostly, 17 more years of living life to the fullest, with my husband at my side, & a whole bunch of babies!!!